zondag 2 oktober 2016

Introduction

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Slitharein and I'm writing this blog for a roleplay campaign I want to start. I have no set date on which I want to start, but I'm setting a goal for myself to make a weekly blog post about what I've been working on and maybe showcase some of my material. I'll try and explain design choices I make, as well as my reasoning why I'm working on certain parts first. I hope that those who are interested in starting a roleplay campaign can use my blog as a guideline to start their own, or help those who are already playing with some insigths on what they can improve on. Besides this, I hope my posts will be an interesting read.

Disclaimer: I might use gaming terms or system specific terms in my posts. If you do not understand them, send me a message and I'll try to explain them.

To start things off, I'd like to present the system I will be running in, Legends of the Wulin (eos-sama.com/legends-of-the-wulin-rpg/). The reason why I chose this system, is because I was a fan of Weapons of the Gods since I first played it, and this is basically a second edition of the system. It is a system used to run Wuxia (martial arts) and has a lot of interesting mechanics that I just adore. I've dabbeled in GURPS a bit after my last Weapons of the Gods campaign, but I really want to make an epic in this system.

Secondly, it's important to clarify what I want to get out of this campaign. These are:
- Awesome action scenes (fights)
- Political intrige
- Personal drama
- Leaving and finding your legacy
I'll explain these points in a bit more detail.

Awesome action scenes
If you watch any martial arts film, they are filled with action scenes where the hero fights of several mooks, or where he has a very close duel with one of equal skill. It's these kind of scenes I'd like to reproduce in my game. If I manage some memorable fights, I will have achieved this goal

Political intrige
As much as I like action scenes, I find it important that they serve a higher purpose. The possibility that a courtier can make a legendary persuasion roll to completely change the Emperor's mind on whether to start a war or not is something I want to be able to facilitate. I have not yet defined when I will have been successful for this goal, as I'm confident this will be achieved (more on this later this post)

Personal drama
Drama is what drives players to make meaningful and fun game decisions. Without drama there would be just a sequence of fights and some chattering about current affairs. My aim is to get my players attached to NPC's as well as give them difficult but meaningful choices. These choices tie in with my next point. I will have achieved my goal when my players hate me for something I did to an NPC or if I can make them emotional at the gaming table.

Leaving/finding your legacy
Your history as well as the name you leave behind is an integral part of the system, and is something I would like to explore. I think it's important for my players to keep in mind the sort of impression they leave behind. I aim to do this by letting rumours of their actions spread across the kingdoms, as well as making sure they get chances to find out their own legacy. My goal is that each player ends up with a partner and a child, or with a disciple, that can carry on their legacy.

Third and last part of this post, I want to tell you what the premise of this campaign will be. This ties in with the setting I will be creating, and will follow in other blog posts.
I'm going to run a war scenario, inspired by the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and grabbing inspiration from a campaign I played in, called Cherry Blossom Rain. The idea is that the kingdoms of Shen Zhou are ruled by the Emperor, who conquered his throne some 30 years ago. There are 10 kingdoms, or major clans, who each have their own territory and sworn fealty to the Emperor. Three of the major clans have decided that this new world order is not how things should be and have taken up an active rebellion. Three kingdoms side with the emperor, and the other four have not declared for either side. This is the time where the future of Shen Zhou will be decided. Will the clans be united under the rule of the Emperor, or will the kingdoms be sovereign once again? It is up to the players to decide the future of Shen Zhou.

I still have a lot of work left to do, and a lot of choices to make and you can follow by progress by looking at this blog every now and then. I will probably post more in the early stages, as I already have some material as well as some narrowing down to do. As soon as I need to produce more material (say the lore sheets for every clan), my blog posts might slow down. I'll try to post at least once a week, but I plan on writing another post in the next few days. If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to leave a note or contact me, and I hope you enjoyde this first post.

1 opmerking:

  1. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen